Apartment in Lisbon 288 - Mouraria
- Sleeps 2
- Studio, 1 Bathroom
- 27m2, Zone Mouraria
- Base price includes 2 pax
PRICES & BOOKING
Size: 27 m2
Maximum capacity: 2 Persons
Booking deposit: 30%
Towels & Linens: Included
Final cleaning: Included
Weekly cleaning if stay exceeds 7 days: Included
Apartment rates per Night (2 pax.):
70,00 € - low | 70,00 € - medium | + 20% - high
Persons Price (Additional person)
- € (y < 4)
- € (4 < y < 8)
- € (y > 8)
0€ (to be refunded upon departure and return of the apartment in good condition)
Minimum rent time:
3 nights (high season)
3 nights (medium season)
2 nights (low season)
When staying longer than 7 days a 10% reduction will be applied, 20% when longer than a month, and 30% when between 2 and 6 months.
Check-in / Check Out:
Check-in is after 4PM and check-out before 11AM
Monday to Friday from 4PM to 9:30PM is free of charge, except on Portuguese public holidays
additional 30€ for check-in from 9:30 PM to 00:00 AM everyday
additional 45€ for check-in from 00:00 AM to 8:30 AM everyday
additional 25€ for check-in on Week-ends and on Portuguese public holidays till 9:30 PM
Charming apartment where you will get know the Portuguese culture. This fully equipped apartment is ideal for short stays. You will have easy access to major points of interest in the city, both on foot and public transportation which are a few meters from the apartment.
This is a newly renovated studio and decorated with the theme "Saudade" through Fado,
"Saudade" is a Portuguese word to the define missing something or someone, or even nostalgia. The word and the feeling is so strong that Portuguese people considerate impossible to translate it in another language, just "missing" gets really short for what "saudade" really feels like. Fernando Pessoa gave it the following meaning: "Saudade is the poetry of Fado ..."
The studio is located on the first floor (no elevator) of the building comprises 6 apartments. It is located on a pedestrian street in a traditional multicultural area, a few meters from Martim Moniz square. You will find in the neighborhood several kinds of traditional commerce, and some of the best seafood restaurants in the center of Lisbon.
Most of the major sights of the city are within a few minutes' walk, you will also have easy access to public transportation. In Martim Moniz square there are several buses, trams (such as the famous tram 28) and there is the metro station Martim Moniz (green line). You can also take the metro to Cais do Sodré train station where you can take the train to Cascais and enjoy the magnificent beaches.
There are two public car parks within a 5 minutes' walk.
The apartment 288 has 27m2 and was completely renovated and equipped as follows:
- Bedroom with a double bed (160cm), a small couch, a dining table, satellite TV;
- Fully equipped kitchen with an electric plate, an electric oven, a microwave, a fridge with freezer;
- Bathroom with shower.
The apartment has air conditioning.
Wi-Fi is available.
We will be happy to welcome you with a bottle of wine.
This location has easy access to Baixa, the Castle (S. Jorge) district and also to Alfama and to Santa Clara, where Lisbon's flee-market takes place.
It is also close to some of the stops of the famous tram 28 (Electrico 28). This is a scenic route crossing most of the tourist neighbourhoods of the city centre. A definite must for any visitor to Lisbon.
After the great earthquake of 1755, when the center of Lisbon was destroyed, a new center was constructed, made of grid pattern "geometrical" streets. This area, situated between Praça do Comércio, Rossio and Praça da Figueira is called Baixa. Martim Moniz is next to this quarter. Martim Moniz, and its surrounding area, has been having a face lift for some years now. You will find that its square is a place for concerts, bars, exhibitions, a place of get togethers.
From Baixa you can easily access The nigh life district Bairro Alto and the smart Chiado, with all his theatres, museums, elegant and traditional shops, bars and restaurants.
Or if you choose to go up hill, you will accede Graça and Santa Clara the place where Feira da Ladra (Thief's market ), a flea market that happens every Tuesdays and Saturdays. And the Castle of course.
There are several other "musts" around this area not to be missed on your visit:
- Panteão Nacional - Church of Santa Engrácia: When the construction began in 1682, it was planned as one of the Lisbon's biggest churches. However, it had been long neglected and the construction was completed only in 1966! It was then that the Panteão Nacional was inaugurated. Here you will find cenotaphs of Portugal's heroes. The interior is colossal and contains the tombs of historic and literary figures - from Vasco da Gama to Amália Rodrigues, the famous fado singer.
- The convent of São Vicente de Fora: Portugal's first king, Afonso Henriques laid the foundations of this church in order to fulfil a vow to construct Christian Houses of worship where Portuguese and European crusaders would lay to rest. Inaugurated in 1629, the church was severely damaged by the 1755 earthquake. It has been recently renovated and deserves a visit. The view from the rooftop is one of the greatest in Lisbon.
- Some "Miradouros" (vantage points) with amazing views over the castle S. Jorge, the river Tejo and the city roofs: miradouro da Graça with an open-air café and Senhora do Monte 600m further on. The views are even more spectacular at sunset. Don't miss it!
The nearest airport is Lisbon International Airport, which is 5 kilometres away.
Everyting was perfect. thank you
Abbiamo soggiornato 3 notti in questo delizioso monolocale. L'appartamento è nuovissimo, pulito e arredato con gusto, si trova proprio al centro di Lisbona e tutti i luoghi di maggiore interesse sono raggiungibili a piedi. Il ragazzo che è venuto a fare il check in è stato molto gentile e ci ha consigliato cosa visitare, ci ha anche dato una mappa della città. Assolutamente raccomandato per un week end romantico.